NSW PD Requirements
- Teachers at a Proficient level are required to complete 100 hours of PD every 5 years to maintain their level
- PD can either be: Registered/Accredited or Teacher Identified
- At least 50 hours must be Registered/Accredited
NESA Registered PD
- Academy Travel is accredited to provide PD for teachers at the Proficient level
- Our study tours align with 3 standards:
- 2.1.2 Apply knowledge of the content and teaching strategies of the teaching area to develop engaging teaching activities.
- 6.2.2 Participate in learning to update knowledge and practice, targeted to professional needs and school and/or system priorities.
- 6.3.2 Contribute to collegial discussions and apply constructive feedback from colleagues to improve professional knowledge and practice.
Registering of programs and hours
- Our tours will aim to have 30-45 hours of PD
- After the tour is completed, teacher’s NESA numbers are entered manually into the same system and hours credited to them
- We are also required by NESA to complete evaluations of the tours
Further information on PD requirements for NSW teacher can be found on the NESA website.
What our teachers are saying
"Thank you for a wonderful experience! This tour is definitely one of the best trips I've ever had! I learned so much and had a fabulous time."
"This was a wonderful professional development experience which exceeded my expectations. All of the guides were knowledgeable, interesting and, in their own way, dynamic. I am so glad that I did it and would recommend it to anyone."
“This was the best professional development I have encountered.”
“I felt privileged to be in the company of such personable, passionate, well educated and lovely individuals. Down to earth, easy to interact with, honest, committed to their disciplines and open in sharing their knowledge and experience.”
“What a pleasure and a privilege having this access and insight – thank you so much. This wonderful experience has enriched and enlightened as well as delighted and will stay with me forever, in terms of both personal and professional development."
“Many thanks for providing the most comprehensive, detailed and current program of lectures. Their generosity with their expertise was greatly appreciated.”
“A wonderful tour in every aspect – with the attention to customer needs and providing a brilliant educational and cultural experience that I have come to know as the hallmark of Academy Travel.”
“Academy provided us with access to some amazing individuals and should be congratulated for the work this must have taken.”
“Very professional and helpful staff. A great way to see such wonderful, relevant places with like-minded professionals.”
“The academic experts were superb. Each of them willingly engaged in conversation and questions and prepared to add interesting details and insights.”
“The opportunities and experience from this tour far outweigh the words on the page of a text book. It was a brilliant opportunity to support the development of our knowledge as drama teachers in the classroom and inspire the creative minds of young Australians."
“Such a great experience! The workshop days were absolute standouts.”