School tour talks with Dr Estelle Lazer in 2021
Dr Lazer is available to present a lecture for your students via Zoom in 2021.
You may select one or more of the topics listed below, each with a duration of 45 minutes with time for questions following (maximum 10 mins).
- Term 1: 15 – 26 March
- Term 2: 3 – 21 May
- Term 3: 12 – 31 July
- Term 4: 1 – 19 November
Lecture topics (each is 45 mins in duration):
- The earthquake, the eruption and how victims died
- The victims from Pompeii and Herculaneum, including ethics of studying and displaying human remains
- Site management in Pompeii and Herculaneum over time
- New research and technologies, using the casts as a case study
- Houses and villas: house form and function, decoration, lighting and furniture
- Pompeian wall paintings and mosaics
- Bath buildings and the hypocaust system
All presentation material is property of Dr Estelle Lazer and a copy will not be available to teachers.
It is the responsibility of the organizing teacher at the school to ensure the technology is working and ready at the agreed lecture time.
Fees (including GST):
One lecture topic (maximum 1 hour total) $350.00
Two lecture topics (maximum 2 hours total) $600.00
Three lecture topics (maximum 3 hours total) $900.00
If you would like to request a booking, please email the following:
- School name and address
- Organising teacher’s name
- Contact mobile number
- Preferred date
- Preferred start time
- Number of lecture topics
Bookings requests should be sent to email@example.com.
Bookings are only confirmed by return email.