The itinerary includes a mix of live performance, hands-on activities, workshops and guided tours as well as great opportunities for networking and discussions.
The national curriculum recognises an increased importance of exploring our Asian neighbours in subjects such as the arts. However, we appreciate how teacher training tends to be more Western focused and many Asian art forms feel foreign and intimidating for teachers to tackle effectively with their students. This tour helps bridge a gap in professional learning in unfamiliar and wonderful practices in theatre, music, dance and art. We seek to give our teachers the confidence to sample new forms and styles so as to incorporate Japanese arts into their classroom.
PLEASE NOTE: We are planning to offer this tour again in the January 2021 school holiday period. Please contact us to register your interest in this departure.
This 15-day program is designed to enhance your knowledge and classroom skills in key areas related to the teaching of Japanese culture and performing arts to primary and secondary students.
View the itinerary for detailed syllabus mapping.
15 days with 5 nights in Tokyo, 4 nights in Kyoto, 1 night Hiroshima and 2 nights in Osaka.
View the itinerary for a detailed daily schedule.
There will be critical analysis of the performances attended and provide classroom notes and training throughout the tour.
- Return flights from Sydney to Tokyo with Qantas
- Flight from Osaka to Tokyo (at conclusion of tour)
- 12 nights accommodation in 3-star hotels
- All land transportation, including Shinkansen (bullet train) between Tokyo, Kyoto, Hiroshima and Osaka
- All breakfasts, 1 lunch and 5 dinners
- Workshops with professional trainers, as listed on the itinerary
- Performances as listed on the itinerary
- Guided walking tours as listed on the itinerary
- All entrance fees and guides as per itinerary
- All activities as per itinerary
- Services of an expert tour leader and professional tour manager