Overview – July 2019 Tour
Explore the modern history of China from the rise of Maoism through the Cold War to its emergence as a global superpower. There will also be visits to some of the world’s most legendary ancient sites.
The program begins in the city of Beijing which provides the backdrop to 3,000 years of Chinese history and development. Continue to the walled city of Xi’an, home of the Terracotta Warriors and imperial dynasties. Travel to Nanjing to learn about the foundation of Republican China and the tragic events of 1937. The tour ends in the bustling city of Shanghai, which contrasts the old world with a modern-day metropolis.
This carefully planned program will be escorted by an experienced tour manager and include a series of background lectures, guided tours, on site visits with experts and workshops. There is the chance to engage in collegial discussions of best teaching practice and enhance pedagogy.
PLEASE NOTE: We do not currently have a future departure date scheduled for this tour. If you would like to add your name to the expression of interest list, please contact us.
The focus is on the new Modern History HSC course, however, the academic content is relevant also to Ancient History and syllabuses in other states of Australia.
View the itinerary for detailed syllabus mapping.
12 days including travel with 4 nights in Beijing, 2 nights in Xi’an, 2 nights in Nanjing and 2 nights in Shanghai.
Download the itinerary booklet for a detailed daily schedule.
To be announced.
- Return economy class airfares from your closest Australian capital city to China
- Twin-share hotel accommodation in 3-star hotels (single supplement available at an additional $610.00)
- All land transportation by coach, public transport & train
- All breakfasts, five (5) lunches and seven (7) dinners
- Background lectures and academic content by experts
- Entrance fees and guided tours
- All tipping for included activities/guides/meals
- Services of a tour manager and expert tour leader